YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM 300 HOUR (TT 300)
FEEL BETTER; TEACH BETTER
Organic Yoga Company’s TT 300-hour program will help you feel better as a student of yoga and will equip you to teach better! But how does a teacher-training program accomplish that goal? Yoga Alliance (the governing body of registered yoga teachers & schools) puts it this way: "A [Registered Yoga School] 300-hour advanced training prepares its trainees to teach principles and techniques of yoga that are more advanced, more detailed, and/or subtler, and the training enables the them to teach with greater skill than could reasonably be expected of a RYT 200."
In other words, Organic Yoga Company presents the required principles and techniques as in a TT 200 program and then (this is where the difference comes in!) leads students deeper into them, uncovering their subtleties and teaching students to teach them with greater understanding and with more detail, skill, expertise, assurance & confidence!
Organic Yoga Company offers a Yoga Alliance credentialed 300-hour teacher-training program. As per Yoga Alliance requirements, this TT 300 program will offer classes in the following categories: Techniques-Training/Practice; Teaching Methodology; Anatomy & Physiology; Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle/Ethics; and Practicum. Upon completing all of the requirements of this program, including attending all 10 training weekends, the graduate will receive a certificate of completion. The graduate may then register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 300, a registered yoga teacher.
The curriculum for this program was chosen in order to review the foundational skills that you gained in your TT 200 programs and, then, to take you deeper in each Yoga Alliance required category to give you the skills & confidence to make you an advanced teacher. Additionally, OYC's TT 300 program is organized so that each weekend builds upon the learning of the previous weekend and equips the students to be ready for the next, successive training weekend! As a result students accumulate knowledge and experience in a gradual manner leading to great success and skill!
* Advanced Techniques, Training & Practice in the study of Classic Poses/Asanas as well as other foundational practices of yoga including meditation, breath-work & pranayama, Himalayan relaxation techniques, Somatics, exercises for joints & glands, mudras and restorative yoga.
* Advanced Teaching Methodology including establishing yourself as the teacher, communication skills, monitoring, seeing & information gathering in teaching, effective feedback, openings, closings & transitions in class, lesson planning & class leveling.
* Advanced Anatomy and Physiology including essential anatomy for teaching, experiential anatomy of the respiratory & nervous systems, chakras & other aspects of energetic anatomy, and bio-mechanics for yoga.
* Advanced Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics including studies in the Yoga Sutras (including the 8-limb path), the history and context of yoga, the yogic lifestyle (including Karma yoga & ayurveda for your Self), and the ethics of yoga (including study of the yamas & niyamas).
* Advanced Practicum Studies including practicing advanced skills for becoming an excellent teacher, effective one-on-one sessions, teaching special classes, teaching workshops, and practice teaching as lead instructor.
CONTACT OYC @ OrganicYogaCo@yahoo.com if you're ready to embark on this excellent training!
In order to complete the program and register as a Yoga Alliance RYT-300 teacher, students are required to attend all 10 weekends of the program (or make-up any missed hours). The weekend schedule for the program is Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday. This will total the required 270 contact hours as well as 30 non-contact hours of homework and off-site practicum.
The 2018 Schedule TT 300 teacher-training schedule was:
The Tuition & Options
$4,400: Early Registration (when paid in-full by February 20, 2018)
$4,500: 2 equal payments of $2250. Payment #1 is due by February 23, with payment #2 due on Friday of weekend #6.$4,600: 10 equal, monthly payments of $460 each, due on the Friday of each training weekend)
$100: Deposit due with application (counts toward total tuition)
*Prices listed do not yet include sales tax.
* You may begin attending your 10 required classes upon approval of your application. * Class size of teacher training will be limited in order to maintain a high level of individual attention and instruction. * Each student will receive a one-on-one session with Nancy Hong, E-RYT 500, to support them in their personal practice and teaching. This two-hour session is included in your tuition. You may schedule your session within February or March 2018. * Refund policy: 1). A minimum of 6 students is required for this program to move forward. All tuition will be refunded if the program is cancelled before the first training weekend. 2). If requested by a student, a refund will be given for all training weekends that have not begun or been completed. For example, a student has a family emergency and has already begun, or completed, 2 training weekends. S/he will be refunded the cost of the remaining 8 training weekends (cost will be the student's original tuition equally divided by 10).
Books are not included in the total cost of tuition. A complete book list will be sent to those accepted into the program. Cost of books will be approximately $150. A TT-300 program binder with all handouts is included in the cost of tuition.
Lodging, Travel & Meals
Lodging, travel and meals are not included in the cost of tuition.
The Next Steps
The next steps might include sleeping on this big decision, or setting up a time to talk with me, or meditating on whether the time is right for you to take this training, or.... Whatever that next steps are for you, know that you have my support. And remember, when the student is ready, the teacher appears.
With all of my best intentions,
Nancy Hong, E-RYT 500, Director of Training
When you're ready, complete the TT 300 application and mail it to:
Organic Yoga Co., 2401 S. 2nd Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57105
TT 300 Application 2018.pdf
Size : 96.202 Kb
Type : pdf